Saturday 20 October 2007

Nearly Over :(

I survived rafting! So much water went in my mouth I thought I might die but no! I still haven't been ill! WooHoo! Needles to say my Delhi Belly Diet has not gone according to plan but I am not moaning.

Leaving Orchha we headed east to Khajahro (sorry re spelling) which wasn't the nicest of places. Everyone hasseled us none stop but to a degree where your private space was entered and no was not taken for an answer. The guest house was crawling with bugs too. Yukk!

Onto the Ken River in Panna National Park. What a change of scene! Beautiful lush jungle where we stayed in this wicked outback lodge (Jen you would have loved it!) Here we went Tiger spotting. Sadly I didn't see any Bengal tigers and was a little dissapointed however the safari was excellent and the nature nothing what I expected.

Next place was Chitrakott (might has well be renamed shitrakoot) which is meant to be where Rama(Hindu God) spent 11 of his 14 years in exile. Although not the prettiest of places (beyond a joke) the people were much nicer here and we taught our waiter how to say "Cuppa Tea" which he responsed "but I not a cuppa tea" You had to be there I suppose! Next was Allahabad where the three sacred rivers meet and all join into the Ganges. This is where Kumbe Mela is held every 12 years ad is one of the largest religious gatherings on earth (Dad rekons he is going in 2013 but I don't think he will handle the dirt&bartering!!!!)

Now in Varanassi where at 5:30am this morning I was sat on a boat on the Ganges watching the sun rise whilst the ghats filled with Hindu worshipers coming to take their daily soak. AMAZING! Needless to say I wasn't the best person to have a conversation with but I enjoyed the views through my crust filled eyes enjoying every minute, quite moving really.

Have just had a massage (an expereince needing a post of it's own!) I am stressing a little that I still can't upload pictures. Internet just isn't powerful enough :(

Hope everyone is well. xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog, you're having such an amazing time!! I am so doing what you are in the next few years!!
Your experiences are amazing and just seen some pics on FB, i love your profile picture!

Take care sweetcheeks!
x