Wednesday 24 October 2007

Goan Dream



My last day in Varanassi was a scary one. A nasty local kept following Mel&I around and even attempted to grope us. As he did I turned around and thumped his shoulder. He didn't get the hint and kept following us making us feel terrible and quie scared so I took my Birkenstock off, raised it above my head threatening to hit him with it shouting "GO AWAY! LEAVE US ALONE AND GET LOST!" Everyone turned to look & laughed as he ran away covering in his head fro protection. Wether at him or me I am not sure but he got the message. Looking back it's funny but at the time we were so scared.

An over night sleeper train took us back to Delhi which was the most fun I have had in ages. We all got the giggles at having to sleep in bunck beds and generally laughed all the way to Delhi.

Now I am in Goa with the lovely Lou&Lesley. I randomly bumped into Lesley on the beach. We have stayed in this shack type room for the last two nights sharing 2 beds between 3 of us! Only cost us 5 quid a night though! Needless to say after an amazing day of sunbathing, a massage on the beach and a trip to the flea market we all got wasted watching the sun go down whilst the aging hippies palyed there crazy music. Iwas a night to remember. Oh yeah and Lou has managed to find her foreign man, surprise surprise.

xxx

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm not jealous about your sunshine one little bit, nope, not at all! haha. You have had more sun than the other girls, sounds like rain rain rain in NZ! Bet you can't wait to see them on Monday. That sleeper train - I can just imagine you on it, and me there with you giggling. How funny.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love the fact that you tried to attack with your birkenstock!! Just because you you have no stilletos doesn't mean you can't do any harm!
Glad you & Mel are getting on so well, must be nice to have a friend to share it all with.
Give a big hug to the others when you see them, lots of screaming ok!
We're about to head out & look at fireplaces - don't you wish you were here?!!!!!
-x-

The girls x said...

That story was so funny with the show, although i can imagine that it would be very scary. I bet you have an amzing base tan, we are still pale as there is no warmth in NZ. See you at the hostel!!

Anonymous said...

Jules - Lu from uni I'm going to be in NZ for the next few months starting from the 10th - Maybe we could meet up or something??