Saturday 3 November 2007



Here I am in Sydney! I made the 32 hour journey from Goa to mumbai then onto Sydney. I was so sad to say goodbye to India but on the other hand I was ready to leave. Such an amazing country with so much to see exhausted me.

Arriving on the 29th of Oct I got the shuttle bus to the Wake Up! hostel where I met Team Canada! Wendy was on my bus and staying on the same floor as me so we hung out for a bit as Stacey, Debbie and Kate weren't due for another 2 hours. On returning from the supper market the 3 of them jumped out on me from the lifts and there was lots of screaming and hugging. I am sure people in reception thought we were insane not to mention poor Wendy!

With full bellies from a decent pasta dinner and heavey eyes we returned to the hostel. I went upstairs to call Gemma and James. Whilst on the phone the girls appeared out of the lift suggesting drinks?!?!?! Were they mad? There was no way I could have gone for a drink even if I had wanted to. I was beat. Kate said "are you sure cause we found something that might persuade you to come out" then from round the corner appeard a little Jenny, rucksack and all!!!!!!!!! I screamed so loudly that I woke the floor up and got told off!!! Not caring and hugging Jen within an inch of her life I burst into tears of joy (they don't call me soft as s*#t burnett for nothing). Needles to say we went out for drinks (goodness knows how). What a wonderful surprise and the most amazing end to a drained day. So glad to have you here Jen! Me thinks this is going to be the trip of a life time as it has already proved to be.

No comments: