Monday 5 November 2007

What's with the early mornings?!?!?!?

6am we were stood outside the Oz Experience office in Sydney!!! 6AM! What is the world coming too?!?!? I was still trying to get over my 5am night out. Our trip up the East Coast began and we headed for Arrawarra, a place so remote it's not even in "the book". This was home to Mojo Surf Camp where we were greated with the most beautiful site of fit, toned and tanned male bodies. Totally worth the 6 hour drive we had just endured. An example of one of these specimens can be seen here heading into the surf. What a treat!!!
Once our eyes had adjusted to the glare of beauty around us we noticed the beach was also stunning. We were then joined for a walk by the Surf Camp dog "Mojo who quickly became friends with Debbie! That evening was drinks round the camp fire on the beach. I loved this. The guy playing guitar&singing made a really rude song up about Stacey, Jen and I. Ask Jen to play it to you when she gets home, hilarious!
Day 2 at Surf Camp and we were woken up at 6:30am. What is wrong with these Australian folk? Weirdos! Brekkie was yummy but I def was not in my wet suit! Priceless. I am surprised I wasn't harponned in the sea! I didn't look much better on a board and considering I was the only one not to have stood on my board whilst it was in motion topped it off. Despite the failure I had an amazing time and really enjoyed surfing. I am better at skiing but would not turn down another oportunity to surf again. Teaches me right for laughing my head off at the thought of Miss L surfing. She did very well (but still cracked me up in her wet suit!!!)
That evening we spent in Brisbane then another 5:30am get up to drive to Rainbow Beach near Fraser Island where we venture to tomorrow. We were meant to go sea kyaking this afternoon but it's been postponed until Friday. Thank goodness cause the weather is rubbish and I am knackered from the early mornings. Do comment on our blogs when you read them as we love hearing from you all. Much love. xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you looked stunning in your wet suit! Really enjoyed reading about your adventures - love Sue G

Anonymous said...

I loved all the surfing stories, i cracked up at the thought even before I saw all the photos which are great!
This would of been my favourite thing to do to, am so envious!!

Missing you all loads & loads
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the wetsuit Julie boo!! They are mega early mornings, I bet the girls are making sure you're not late either ;o)

Love you hon

Rach
xxxx

Leslie C. said...

So Funny ^^
Kiss kiss
Cool blog!