Tuesday 11 December 2007

Finding Family Down Under


The 26th of November saw us flying to Perth from Alice Springs. I was particularly excited about this for two reasons. 1 - I got to see James as he flew here to start his trip with me and 2 - we were to meet and stay with uncle Lewis and auntie Mary Burnett for the duration of our stay. The last time I saw Lewis and Mary was in the summer of 2005 when they came over to the UK and stayed with Mary's sister in Southend. Now I was in Perth being given big scottish hugs by my wee auntie and uncle!!!! What a joy to see them.

The time we spent in Perth was excellent but not because of it's tourist attractions but because of the family I discovered that I have here. Lewis and Mary have 2 children, Don and Rhona. Don has two daughters Jaimie and Callie. Rhona has twins, Asha and Cohen. The time we all had together was unforgetable. Discovering I have a whole additional part to my family has been one of the best parts of my travels. We all look similar, laugh at the same things and talk alot!!!

I can't wait to plan my next trip to Perth and hope that they will all try and come to the UK ASAP! Thank You for such a wonderful time Burnett Clan! We miss you tons xxxx

No comments: