Friday 21 December 2007

They say things happen in 3's

Again an apology for no pics. Computers are very slow and my pics quite large. If you wouldn't mind using your imagination for the moment until I can get to a high speed computer ;)

We left Patong for the Similan Islands. It took 1.5hrs to drive to the port then another 1hr by speed boat over the Andaman ocean to the main boat we would dive from. The speed boat was cool at first seeing monitor lizards and flying fish however towards the end of the journey James started to fill sea sick. We boarded the main boat where we had a dive briefing (James still feeling rough) then headed into the ocean. I couldn't decend remaining buyount, I needed more weights. This freaked me out a little on top of my mask fogging constantly. None the less once down to 24meters it was stunning! Our 2nd dive proved to be the winner as we saw an octopus and a sea turtle. It was so amazing. Just like the dolphines. Everything was wild and coming up to you on it's own accord. At one point there were so many fish around me I couldnt' see James or our instructor. I felt like the Little Mermaid (minus the sea shells!)

On the surface James was so violently ill from motion sickness we had to cancel the trip and head back to land. He was so upset and angry however the dive instrutors said they had never seen someone that ill before. Needless to say the speed boat back was quite scary for both of us.

We went back to Patong as needed to go to the Dive Centre re cancellation. The next morning we headed for Khao Lak which was weird as we were covering ground we had already traveled the day before. We spent a nice relaxing day there until whilst rock pool searching James slipped and really hurt his arm cracking it as he feel. I dont' think it's fractured but he went down with a real bump. All so he could get a better look at some crabs!!!

The next morning we got up early to head for Surat Thain where we would catch the train from. James realised he didn't have his passport and procceded to freak out (as you would). I had been preparing for this however I thought it would be because my passport had gone walk about. So I checked emails for insurance details etc and low and behold the hotel in Patong had sent a mail saying they had it and would we like them to send a taxi with it in!!!! How lucky?!?!? We spent that afternoon around the pool waiting for a Mr Bang and Mr Tony to return with James passport. It was the weirdest and funniest situation to be in.

So now these 3 things have happend we are hoping we don't encounter any more surprises along the way ;) The main thing is we have our health and more importantly both our passports!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh dear that all sounds a bit disturbing! You should like you are ok which is good, tell Rambo to reign it in and take care ;o)

The girls x said...

Oh my goodness, what a nightmare, glad it all turned out well in the end though. Hope James' arm is ok. The diving sounded awesome I must give that a try. Glad you are hvaing a wicked time. Love Katie.xx